Sunday, December 6, 2009

My bargain of a Christmas tree!!!

So, this year I wanted to purchase a fake Christmas tree. My reasons were simple:  1.  I could put it up earlier without worrying about it dying.  2. I would not have to water the darn thing every day.  3. No clean up of needles.


I did NOT want to spend a fortune on a Christmas tree, so I went to Craigslist. My FAVORITE place to look for items or sell items. (on a side note, I sold my highschool car in 4 hours on craigslist)  I just typed Christmas trees in the search box.  That was all it took.  I had a HUGE selection of fake trees to pick from.  The prices ranged from $25 to $80.  WHAT A BARGAIN!  The tree I ended up selecting was 7 feet tall, had been purchased from one of those Christmas tree decorating contests. It was fully decorated with lights and ornaments. Plus, it had never been used. The woman who was selling it never liked the idea of a fake tree and never used it.  She kept it fully assembled and covered in her garage.


I have attached a picture of the tree after I fixed it up a bit.  It was a bit "country" for my taste. The horrible part about  "fixing" the tree was removing the ornaments that  were wrapped around each branch with wire.  So, taking off some of the ornaments took about 2 hours.   I have also included the pile of ornaments that I am selling on Craigslist.  If I sell them then, I can earn back part of the $50 I spent for the tree.




Notice that I already have gifts?  I started in September.  :)

 


Look at all of those ornaments that I removed!  Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment