Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sick ..Sick....Sick

My poor Taylor Jo has been sick since Monday evening. She stayed the night at my brothers house on Sunday night because I had to proctor ISAT testing for my school on Monday. On Monday evening Eric picked her up from my brothers house and she had red, flushed cheeks and blotches on her biceps. She also had a fever.  We thought that she was sunburned and exhausted from playing so hard. But, when we woke up in the morning on Tuesday she had a fever of 102.7 and was complaining of a sore throat, headache and sore legs when she walked. Obviously, I didn't send her to preschool. I just taught from home while she stayed in my bed all day watching TV and sleeping.  Wednesday we woke up and she had a fever of 102.8 still. So I doped up her with Ibuprofen again and called the Dr. We were able to be seen at 10:15 so I took the day off of work and took her in.  The Dr. wasn't really sure of what she had because of the time frame of the fever and rash.  He ended up figuring out she had 2 things combined. First, she had Fifths disease which is what caused the rash.  (Apparently, the preschool had 9 kids in her class with it and they didn't bother to mention it to anyone!)  The Dr. told me that he believed Taylor also had Andeno Virus or Herpengina.  Both cause sores in the throat, high fever, aches, and a headache.  He wasn't totally sure because Taylor also had pink, irritated eyes.  Well, I was told that she would be sick with a fever for the next 3-4 days and I couldn't do anything about it, except give her Ibuprofen.

It makes me feel terrible for her that Mommy can't do anything to fix her pain!  I took a picture of her yesterday afternoon when her fever spiked to 103.8!  Obviously I freaked out!  Thank goodness the medicine worked to lower the temp.

Doesn't she look so sad?  Previous to this picture she woke up crying that she didn't get to play with her friends today! That about broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment